Dr. Vitor Bosshard
Vitor is a Ph.D. student in the Computation and Economics Research Group at the University of Zurich starting September 2016. His advisor is Sven Seuken.
He received his BSc and MSc from ETH Zürich, with a focus in theoretical computer science. Between 2005 and 2009, he worked in Santiago de Chile at the operations departments of shipping companies Hapag-Lloyd and NYK.
Combinatorial Auctions; Algorithm Design; Mechanism Design
- The Cost of Simple Bidding in Combinatorial Auctions. Vitor Bosshard and Sven Seuken. Working paper, November 2020. [arxiv]
- Computing Bayes-Nash Equilibria in Combinatorial Auctions with Verification. Vitor Bosshard, Benedikt Bünz, Benjamin Lubin and Sven Seuken. Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research (JAIR) 69 (2020):531-570 (supersedes the IJCAI'17 paper below). [pdf][GitHub Repo]
- Non-decreasing Payment Rules for Combinatorial Auctions
Vitor Bosshard, Ye Wang, and Sven Seuken. In Proceedings of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence and the 23rd European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI-ECAI), Stockholm, Sweden, July 2018. With corrigendum. [pdf on arxiv]
- Computing Bayes-Nash Equilibria in Combinatorial Auctions with Continuous Value and Action Spaces
Vitor Bosshard, Benedikt Bünz, Benjamin Lubin and Sven Seuken. In Proceedings of the 26th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Melbourne, Australia, August 2017. [pdf] [long]
- Pseudo Unique Sink Orientations
Vitor Bosshard and Bernd Gärtner. April 27, 2017. [arxiv]
- Classical and Quantum Algorithms for USO Recognition
Vitor Bosshard. Master's Thesis. October 13, 2015. [pdf]
- Guest Lecturer for Economics and Computation(Fall 2020)
- Teaching Assistant for Economics and Computation (Fall 2018, 2016)
- Teaching Assistant for Seminar: Advanced Topics in Economics and Computation (Spring 2020, 2018, 2017)
- PBE Algorithm for Multi-round Auctions
Bachelor Thesis by Vinzenz Thoma, August 2020
- Overbidding Deviations of Single-minded Bidders in Combinatorial Auctions
Bachelor Thesis by Michael Bucher, January 2020.
- Bayesian Optimization for Best Response Computation in Combinatorial Auctions
Bachelor Thesis by Marius Högger, September 2018.
- Non-Decreasing Payment Rules in Combinatorial Auctions
Master Thesis by Ye Wang, April 2018 [pdf]