Ph.D. and Postdoc positions in Software Engineering
The ZEST invites applications for openings as Ph.D. student and postdoctoral researcher.
- a team of dedicated and highly motivated researchers, who are passionate about understanding software engineering and improving the development and evolution of the software systems that run our society;
- strong support for your career development;
- fully funded positions, with very competitive salary as well as social benefits (e.g., a pension plan);
- generous funding for professional travel and research needs;
- an attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: the University of Zurich is one of Switzerland’s leading universities in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that ranks among the cities with the highest quality of life worldwide.
- a negotiable starting date
- an interest in understanding and improving software engineering;
- strong analytical skills and experience in developing software (prior knowledge in data analysis, qualitative research, and empirical research is a plus);
- a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields. Exceptional candidates with a Bachelor’s degree may also apply;
- excellent communication skills in English, which is the working and teaching language in our department. Also, in your day-to-day life in Switzerland and especially in Zurich, you will get by well in English.
If you fit this profile, like challenging tasks, and are passionate about research, we would love to hear from you. To submit your application, fill in one of the following forms:
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org