- My profile on Google Scholar
- (Most) of my publications in DBLP
Please don't ask me about ResearchGate, Academia.edu, LinkedIn, etc.
This is a manually maintained selection of papers, not my full publication list.
For a full publication list, see below. Further, this list is intentionally slanted towards my more recent work, and topics I am currently interested in.
If you are interested in a paper I authored but do not have institutional access, you can always e-mail me (but, please, for the love of $deity, do google first whether the paper is freely available anyway - and never, never, never send me a request on ResearchGate).
Empirical Results in SE
- Thomas Rausch, Waldemar Hummer, Philipp Leitner and Stefan Schulte. 2017. An Empirical Analysis of Build Failures in the Continuous Integration Workflows of Java-Based Open-Source Software. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Mining Software Repositories (MSR)
- Jürgen Cito, Philipp Leitner, Thomas Fritz, and Harald C. Gall. 2015. The making of cloud applications: an empirical study on software development for the cloud. In Proceedings of the 2015 10th Joint Meeting on Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE 2015). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 393-403. DOI=http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2786805.2786826
- Gerald Schermann, Jürgen Cito, Philipp Leitner, Uwe Zdun, and Harald C. Gall. 2016. An empirical study on principles and practices of continuous delivery and deployment. PeerJ Preprints 4:e1889v1 DOI=https://doi.org/10.7287/peerj.preprints.1889v1
- Philipp Leitner and Jürgen Cito. 2016. Patterns in the Chaos—A Study of Performance Variation and Predictability in Public IaaS Clouds. ACM Trans. Internet Technol. 16, 3, Article 15 (April 2016), 23 pages. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2885497 (note: the official ACM version of this paper is completely botched - please use the arXiv version instead)
- Philipp Leitner and Joel Scheuner. 2015. Bursting with Possibilities - An Empirical Study of Credit-Based Bursting Cloud Instance Types. IEEE/ACM 8th International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC), pp. 227-236, doi:10.1109/UCC.2015.39
Building Cloud Applications
- Gerald Schermann, Dominik Schöni, Philipp Leitner, and Harald C. Gall Bifrost - Supporting Continuous Deployment with Automated Enactment of Multi-Phase Live Testing Strategies. In the 2016 ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware Conference. (pdf)
- Jürgen Cito, Philipp Leitner, Harald C. Gall, Aryan Dadashi, Anne Keller, and Andreas Roth. 2015. Runtime metric meets developer: building better cloud applications using feedback. In 2015 ACM International Symposium on New Ideas, New Paradigms, and Reflections on Programming and Software (Onward!) (Onward! 2015). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 14-27. DOI=http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2814228.2814232
- Rostyslav Zabolotnyi, Philipp Leitner, Waldemar Hummer, and Schahram Dustdar. 2015. JCloudScale: Closing the Gap Between IaaS and PaaS. ACM Trans. Internet Technol. 15, 3, Article 10 (July 2015), 20 pages. DOI=http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2792980