Ph.D. position in Software Engineering
The software evolution and architecture lab (s.e.a.l.), together with the Zurich software engineering team (zest), is inviting applications for a full-time Ph.D. researcher position.
- 🤝 a team of highly dedicated and motivated colleagues, who are passionate about improving the development and evolution of the software systems that run our society
- 💼 strong support for your career development
- 💰 fully funded positions, with a very competitive salary as well as social benefits;
- ✈️ generous funding for professional travel and research needs
- 🏙️ an attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: the University of Zurich is one of Switzerland's leading universities in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that regularly ranks as one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world
- 🎬 a negotiable starting date
- 🎓 a Master's degree, or close to defending your Master's thesis, in Computer Science or a related field
- ➰ an interest in understanding and improving software engineering
- 💻 strong analytical skills and experience in developing software (prior knowledge in data science, qualitative research, or empirical software engineering is a plus)
- 💬 excellent communication skills in English, which is the working and teaching language in our department. Also, in your day-to-day life in Switzerland and especially in Zurich, you will get by well in English
If you fit this profile, like challenging tasks, and are passionate about research, we would love to hear from you.
To submit your application for the position, go to the application form. The screening will start on January 12, 2022, yet applications submitted after this date will also be considered. If you have further questions, please contact us at Dr. Pasquale Salza.
Please, refer to the PDF call for further information.