- Understand computational challenges for data processing, and
- Design simple and scalable solutions towards these challenges.
Theoretical research includes the development of novel data processing algorithms and languages along with the analysis of their complexities.
Systems research is on building data systems in academia and industry based on well-understood theory.
Current research projects:
- Factorised Databases
- Machine Learning over Relational Data
- Dynamic Analytical Workloads
- Adaptive Query Processing
- Optimal Joins over Interval Data
- In-Database Linear Algebra
Recently completed research projects: