Lab Director - BIN 2.C.02
Telephone: +41 44 635 43 70
The Paul Erdös number represents the separation of a scientist from the famous mathematician Paul Erdös in terms of co-authoring mathematical research articles, and is an easy way to lose a lot of time browsing bibliographies and the Internet. I calculated my Erdös number to be 3 as follows:
- Noga Alon, Paul Erdös. Disjoint edges in geometric graphs. Discrete & Computational Geometry, 4(1):287-290, 1989.
- Noga Alon, Shmuel Friedland, and Gil Kalai. Regular subgraphs of almost regular graphs. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B 37, pages 79-91, 1984.
- Shmuel Friedland, Volker Mehrmann, Renato Pajarola and Susanne K. Suter. On best rank one approximation of tensors. Numerical Linear Algebra with Applications, to appear, 2013.
- Load-Balanced Parallel Rendering
- Triangle Strips
- Level-of-Detail (LOD) Modeling
- 3D Scanning
- Geometry Processing
- Point-Based Rendering
- Fluid Surfaces
- Incompressible Fluids
- Interactive Terrain Visualization
- Multiresolution Isosurface Extraction
- Multi-scale Structural Feature Extraction
- Volume Rendering
- Distributed Compositing
- Gaussian Sampling