These lectures about Natural and Artificial Intelligence are held via videoconference at the University of Zurich in Switzerland, the University of Salford/MediaCityUK in the United Kingdom, Shanghai Jiao Tong University in China, and about 12 other universities around the globe. Students from the participating universities work together on the exercises, using a powerful robotics simulator software.
The ShanghAI Lectures project aims at
- making education and knowledge on cutting-edge scientific topics accessible to everyone
- exploring novel methods of knowledge transfer
- building a sustainable community of students and researchers in the area of Embodied Intelligence
- overcoming the complexity of a multi-cultural and interdisciplinary learning context
- bringing global teaching to a new level
For more information, check out the project website.