Since January 2012, Timo is a Ph.D. student in the Computation and Economics Research Group at the Department of Informatics of the University of Zurich. In 2009, he received a MSc (Diplom) in Mathematics with a minor in Computer Science from the University of Freiburg, Germay. From January 2010 till December 2011, Timo worked as a management consultant for the Business Technology Office of McKinsey & Company.
Matching Markets; Assignment Mechanisms; Prediction Markets; Financial Markets; Pricing Mechanisms; Mechanism Design; Electronic Commerce.
- An Axiomatic Approach to Characterizing and Relaxing Strategyproofness of One-sided Matching Mechanisms.
Timo Mennle and Sven Seuken. Extended Abstract Forthcoming in Proceedings of the 15th ACM Conference on Economics and Computation. 2014.[pdf (working paper)]
- Hybrid Mechanisms: Trading off Strategyproofness and Efficiency
in One-Sided Matching.
Timo Mennle and Sven Seuken. Working paper. February 2014.[pdf]
- The Adaptive Boston Mechanism.
Timo Mennle and Sven Seuken. Work in Progress. February 2014. (Preliminary overiew of results available: [pdf])
- Spring 2014: Teaching Assistant for Lecture Combinatorial Auctions
- Fall 2013: Teaching Assistant for Seminar Advanced Topics in Economics and Computation
- Spring 2013: Teaching Assistant for Lecture Economics and Computation
- Fall 2012: Teaching Assistant for Seminar Advanced Topics in Economics and Computation
- Spring 2012: Teaching Assistant for Lecture Economics and Computation
Advised Theses (with Sven Seuken)
- Matching Experiments on Amazon Mechanical Turk.
Bachelor Thesis by Michael Weiss. 2014.
- Simulation of Boundedly Rational Manipulation Strategies in One-Sided Matching Markets.
Bachelor Thesis by Basil Philipp. 2013.
- Analysing Prediction Markets.
Independent Study by Leonardo Stedile. 2013.