Openings for PhD Students
The Computation and Economics Research Group at the University of Zurich is inviting applications for
1 fully funded PhD position in Computer Science
Your advisor will be Prof. Dr. Sven Seuken. The focus of your research activities will be in the area of Economics and Computation (algorithmic game theory, computational mechanism design, electronic market design, etc.). Specificially, you will be working on a new research project called "Preference Elicitation and Mechanism Design for Complex Dynamic Systems." Current members of the Computation and Economics Research Group are working on a variety of projects including combinatorial auctions, matching markets, financial markets, market interfaces to the smart grid, combinatorial optimization, and behavioral online experiments. Most of the group’s research projects are funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
- a team of young and highly motivated colleagues who are passionate about topics at the intersection of Economics and Computer Science.
- a very competitive salary.
- strong support for your professional development.
- an attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: the University of Zurich is one of Switzerland's leading universities in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that regularly ranks as one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world.
- a Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field, e.g., Mathematics, Economics, or Industrial Engineering.
- an interest in topics at the intersection of Economics and Computer Science.
- strong mathematical skills.
- excellent communication skills in English (German speaking skills are not necessary).
If you fit this profile, like challenging tasks, and are passionate about research, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send a detailed curriculum vitae, all grade transcripts, selected publications (if available), contact information for three references, and copies of your BSc/MSc theses, all as one PDF attachment, via email to:
Prof. Dr. Sven Seuken
Department of Informatics
University of Zurich, Switzerland
You may also arrange for up to three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to Prof. Seuken, however, this is not required. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The starting date is negotiable, but no earlier than August 1st, 2015. Further information is available online at: www.ifi.uzh.ch/ce.