The study programme is divided into three modules:
– Blockchain Technology (3 ECTS credits)
– Blockchain Regulation and Law (3 ECTS credits)
– Blockchain Business and Economics (4 ECTS credits)
A total of 10 ECTS credit are required in order to successfully complete the CAS.
Each module is worth 3 or 4 ECTS credits. An ECTS credit corresponds to a workload of around 30 hours. This comprises attendance time during the course days as well as preparatory and follow-up work.
Process and assessment
– An assessment must be completed for each module.
– For the first module, this takes the form of a multiple-choice test on all topics covered in the module.
– For the second module, case exercises will take place during the third and forth day course.
– For the third module, a written paper on a selected topic (on all topics covered during the entire course) must be completed. Literature research as well as case studies, evaluations and practical studies are possible. Participants opt for a topic during the course of the module following consultation with a lecturer. The work should comprise approximately 15 pages and be written in German or English.
Dates and Lecturers
The lecturers belong to the teaching staff of the Blockchain Center of the
University of Zurich. For individual topics, lectures will be provided by external
‒ Please submit your written application, including your curriculum vitae, to the aforementioned contact person.
‒ The application period ends on August 23rd, 2022.
‒ We recommend that you apply soon due to the high level of interest in this topic.
Study programme admittance requirements
University degree at master’s level or an equivalent qualification as well as basic knowledge in the fields of IT, law and economics.
Certificate of Advanced Studies UZH in Blockchain (10 ECTS credits)
- Center for Continuing Education of the University of Zurich
Schaffhauserstrasse 228, 8057 Zurich ()
- Department of Informatics, University of Zurich
Binzmühlestrasse 14, 8050 Zurich (https://www.ifi.uzh.ch)
University of Zurich
Department of Informatics
Continuing Education in Informatics