Seminar: Information Management
ECTS Points: 3.0
* Important Information *
In this seminar, you will be able to attend the "Wirtschaftsinformatik 2015" conference on March 4-6th 2015 in Osnabrück, Germany. That means you should be an early bird to join this seminar and sign up for the conference in December. You can then already start working on your term paper in January 2014. We will provide you with all necessary information in a information event on thursday, November 20th 2014 at 16:15 at the IFI, Room 1.D.06 (ACE-Lab). (You can find the slides here).
You will learn to acquire and critically reflect upon topic specific knowledge from a scientific perspective. You further get an overview of conference life and will meet and discuss with inspiring persons.
Participation and Registration
- Target Group: Master Students in Information Systems or Bachelor Students from the 6th semester.
- The number of participants for this seminar is limited to 15. Please apply for this course by sending us a short informal mail, including your motivation to participate in the seminar and your transcript of record, until December 5th 2014.
We offer to teach the seminar in English to be inclusive for international students. Although most papers at the Wirtschaftsinformatik conference are written in English, basic knowledge in German may be necessary to follow all talks and panel discussions at the conference. If all participants speak German well enough, we may offer the seminar in German. In any case, it is possible to write your term paper in English or German.
- You are able to join the Wirtschaftsinformatik 2015 conference for a cheaper price (student discount!) or you can go there for free (including travel expenses!) and win up to 10.000 EURO if you sign up for the WI Challenge. Participation at the WI Challenge is not mandatory for this seminar (but recommended because it is real fun!)
- Register here before December 15th 2014 to get the early bird price (60 EUR).
- The basic idea of the seminar is that you write your term paper based on around 1-3 WI Conference papers that we will choose together. We will provide you with a list of interesting papers (and relating topics) to select from. You will then probably have to do a bit of further literature research to turn your term paper into a coherent argument. We can help you with that.
Will be offered at the beginning of the seminar
Certificate of Achievement
- Term Paper (acceptable draft and final version)
- Giving qualified feedback for two term papers of your fellow students ('peer-review')
- Participation at the Wirtschaftsinformatik 2015 conference is mandatory. Exceptions may apply. If you cannot travel to the conference please inform us.
- Continuous participation at the block seminar at the end of the semester, including a presentation of your term paper.
- If you have already booked this module earlier, and now want to book it again for a different topic, please contact the department office.