If desired, can be held in English.
Time & Date
- Lecture: Thu., 10:15 - 11:45
- Exercise: Thu., 12:15 - 13:45
We will look at computer supported collaboration of collaborative units of any size: dyads, small groups, large groups, organizations, communities and social networks. For each collaborative unit, we will first look at their collaboration problems and what theories have to say about them. Then we will analyse how, and to what extent collaboration can be engineered for each of them. Finally we will discuss systems supporting their collaboration and how they should be designed.
About 60% the course will be lectures; the other 40% will be exercises, including group exercises. This module is intended for students who are enrolled in an Informatics degree program at the Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Information Technology. It can be credited towards either the Bachelor's or the Master's level. (Please note that this module can be credited towards a degree only once.) A failed attempt will be credited towards the level at which the student is enrolled at that time.
Please, be aware, that there is no need to register separately in OLAT. If you have already booked the corresponding module in "Modulbuchung", you are registered automatically. If you cannot book the module CSCW in "Modulbuchung", contact Susanne Steigler to get the access to the OLAT course.
- Schwabe, G.; Streitz, N.; Unland, R. (Hrsg:): CSCW-Kompendium - Lehr- und Handbuch zur computerunterstützten Gruppenarbeit, Springer, Heidelberg et al. 2001
- Gross, T.; Koch, M.: Computer-Supported Cooperative Work, Oldenbourg Verlag, München, 2007