Dr. Norbert Seyff
Norbert is a Senior Research Associate at the Requirements Engineering Research Group.
Before joining the University of Zurich he worked as a Marie Curie IEF Research Fellow at the Centre for HCI Design at City University London. Norbert holds a Ph.D. and Diploma degree in Computer Science from Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
Norbert’s research focus is requirements elicitation and negotiation. He has a particular interest in using mobile technologies to support requirements engineering activities in the field. Apart from requirements engineering, Norbert’s research interests include ubiquitous computing, service-oriented computing as well as agile software development.
Please find most of his publications listed at DBLP
Norbert is currently co-organizing:
- ICSE’12 34th IEEE Int. Conference on Software Engineering, 2 - 9 June, Zurich Switzerland
- EduRex 1st Int.Workshop on Software Engineering Education based on Real-World Experiences, 9. June, Zurich Switzerland
- UsARE 1th Int. Workshop on Usability and Accessibility focused Requirements Engineering, 4. June, Zurich Switzerland
He is a program committee member of the following events:
- RE'12 20th IEEE Int. Requirements Engineering Conference, 24 - 29 September, Chicago, USA
- MobiCASE'12 4th Int. Conference on Mobile Computing, Applications and Services, 9 - 12 October, Seattle, USA
- QUATIC'12 8th Int. Conf. on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology, 3 - 6 September, Lisbon, Portugal
Norbert taught a number of courses in the field of software engineering during his time as a Researcher and Lecturer at the Institute for Systems Engineering and Automation. Currently, he is s a lecturer at the FHNW University of Applied Sciences and the University of Applied Sciences Hagenberg. At UZH, he is for exmaple involved in teaching Requirements Engineering I. Throughout his career he has been (co-) supervising bachelor, diploma and master projects.
3rd Place at Gartner & COMPUTERWELT Innovation Challenge 2009: Standard IT Solutions and City University London,
”Semantic Service Search and Composition (S3C)”
- WETICE'05 Best Paper Award: Norbert Seyff, Christoph Hoyer, Erich Kroiher, Paul Grünbacher, "Enhancing GSS-based
Requirements Negotiation with Distributed and Mobile Tools", at the 3rd International Workshop on Distributed and Mobile
Collaboration, WETICE 2005, June 13-15, 2005, Linköping University, Sweden
- WETICE'04 Best Paper Award: Neil A. M. Maiden, Norbert Seyff, Paul Grünbacher, "The Mobile Scenario Presenter: Integrating
Contextual Inquiry and Structured Walkthroughs" at the 2nd International Workshop on Distributed and Mobile Collaboration,
WETICE 2004, June 14-16, Modena, Italy