Softtalks is a talk series organized by s.e.a.l. in which researchers and master students are welcome to share and discuss their recent research proposals, approaches, and results.
The talks presented can be of the following types:
- research talk
- paper talk
- paper discussion
- topic discussion. Such a discussion can range from infrastructure and group administration to a presentation of a research topic, e.g. 'an overview of bug prediction literature', which can be used to find new research opportunities.
- new ideas and emerging results session
- tutorial session
- tool presentation
- Softtalks are typically held on Thursdays from 16:00-17:00.
- They take place in BIN 1.D.29 (with some exceptions).
- Research talks follow a conference style: 25 min presentation time (at most) and 20 min discussion.
- We will stop each talk after 25min; so please be prepared!
Note to the internal speakers: Please announce your talk via the softtalk mailing list one week before your talk.
(Available as Google Calendar)
|Date||Who||Title||Location||Type of talk|
|30. March 2017 13:00||Offspring my Mazla||BIN 1.D.06||Master's Thesis Defense|
|30. March 2017 13:00||Joel Scheuener||BIN 1.D.06||Master's Thesis Intermediary Presentation|
|20. April 2017 16:00||Jürgen Cito||Context-based Analytics - Establishing Explicit Links between Runtime Traces and Source Code||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|27. April 2017 16:00||Manuela Züger||Reducing Interruptions at Work: A Large-Scale Field Study of FlowLight||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|4. May 2017 16:00||Katja Kevic||Characterizing Experimentation in Continuous Deployment: a Case Study on Bing||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|18. May 2017 16:00||Carol Alexandru||Replicating Parser Behavior using Neural Machine Translation||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|15. June 2017 16:00||Giovanni Grano||tbd||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|22. June 2017 16:00||Gerald Schermann||14 Years of Coding - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|29. June 2017 16:00||Carmine Vassallo||CI Breaks in OSS projects: Commonalities and Differences with a Financial Organization||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|6. July 2017 16:00||André Meyer||Developers' Fragmented Work: Reasons and Costs||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|
|13. July 2017 16:00||Christoph Laaber||Performance Test Coverage: An Approach to Measure How Good Your Performance Test Suite Is||BIN 1.D.29||Research Talk|