Since December 1st, 2011, Mike is a Ph.D. student in the Computation and Economics Research Group at the Department of Informatics of the University of Zurich. In 2008, he received a BSc in Informatics from the University of Zurich with a focus on Business Economics and AI. In 2011, Mike received a MSc in Computer Science from ETH Zürich with a focus on Information Security.
Smart Grid Markets; Preference Elicitation; Behavioral Economics; Artificial Intelligence; Electronic Market Design; Mechanism Design; Electronic Commerce.
- Adaptive Home Heating under Weather and Price Uncertainty using GPs and MDPs.
Mike Shann and Sven Seuken. In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS), Paris, France, May 2014.[pdf]
- An Active Learning Approach to Home Heating in the Smart Grid.
Mike Shann and Sven Seuken. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Beijing, China, August 2013.[pdf]
- Game Theoretical Analysis of Incentives for Large-scale, Fully Decentralized Collaboration Neworks
Thomas Bocek, Michael Shann, David Hausheer, and Burkhard Stiller. In IEEE International Symposium on Parallel and Distributed Processing (IPDPS 2008).pdf
- Spring 2014: Teaching Assistant for Combinatorial Auctions
- Fall 2013: Teaching Assistant for Advanced Topics in Economics and Computation
- Spring 2013: Teaching Assistant for Economics and Computation
- Fall 2012: Teaching Assistant for Advanced Topics in Economics and Computation
- Spring 2012: Teaching Assistant for Economics and Computation